Determine your Passionate Purpose, become world class at it, use it to serve others, and enjoy the entire ride.
If you’re struggling to find your Passionate Purpose, or you just want more out of life, I have three questions to ask yourself this weekend.
1) What things have you done that you’re passionate about and bring you joy?
2) What things have you done that you feel have created meaning in your life?
3) What are you good, or even great at? (Or what could you become great at?)
To have this work, you need to spend some real time doing deep thinking. Start with your childhood and slowly work your way to today.
Look at every type of thing you’ve done in every category you can think of. Go DEEP.
Don’t censor yourself, or let other people’s expectations color this exercise. This is all about you.
- Schedule some time by yourself. Ideally, find a quiet spot that you enjoy.
- Turn off all electronic devices – yes that means your phone!
- Pray or meditate on the questions
- Keep writing answers until you have at least 10 answers to each question.
- Then come up with 10 more
- Look for overlapping answers
- Narrow the answers down to your top 3
(If this post resonated with you, share it with a friend and check out my book, GO! How to Find and Pursue Your Passionate Purpose, available in paperback and audiobook.)